A Domicile Certificate is also known as a Residence certificate that recognizes a person’s Residential status in a particular state/ Union Territory, which is issued by the concerned authority of State Government/Union Territory. The Domicile Certificate is required as a proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in Government Services, Apply for Scholarship, to obtain admissions in educational institutions etc. In this article, we will discuss in detailed about the Domicile Certificate such as Benefits, how to apply online, how to download, eligibility criteria etc.
The Benefits of Domicile Certificate
The benefits of the Domicile/Resident Certificate listed below.
- The Domicile/Resident Certificate is required to proof that a person is a resident of a particular state/ Union Territory.
- The Domicile Certificate is used to avail Resident quotas in Government Jobs and to get admission in any educational institutions
- To get benefit of various Government Schemes.
- Apply for school/ college scholarship.
- It is used to apply for Passport.
- It is used to apply for Voter ID.
- It is used to apply for PAN Card.
- It is an important document to apply for Ration Card.
The eligibility criteria to get a domicile/Resident certificate are listed below:
The candidate’s parents have to be a permanent resident of the State/Union Territory, or the candidate has to be reside in the State State/Union Territory for 3 or more years.
Document Required for Domicile Certificate
When you apply for the Domicile /Resident Certificate for any State//Union Territory, the below following important documents are required.
- Application form (as suggested by the local revenue department)
- Address/Residential proof of land or rented house (House Tax, Telephone Bill or Electricity Bill, Bank Passbook).
- Identity Proof (PAN card, Ration card, Driving license, Voter card, Passport).
- Birth Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Recent Passport size Applicant photograph.
- Property TAX (As applicable)
- Educational Certificates if applicable.
- Any other government recognized document.
- Self-declaration form
Information Required during Apply for Domicile Certificate
To apply for the Domicile/Resident Certificate the below information is required.
- Candidate Name
- Candidate Permanent Address
- Candidate Birth Place
- Candidate Police Station
- Candidate Date of Birth
- The Nationality of the applicant
- Active Mobile Number
- Active Email ID
Application Fees for Domicile Certificate
The Applicant has to pay a fee of Rs. 10 application forms.
Application Procedure for Resident Certificate
The Applicants can apply for Domicile/Resident Certificate in two ways.
- Apply Online
- Apply Offline
How to Apply Domicile Certificate Online?
The Following steps to apply for Domicile/Resident Certificate Online.
- The Applicant has to visit the Official Website
- On the Home page click on the “Citizen login (e-Sathi) (सिटिजन लॉगिन (ई-साथी))” link which is available on the top of the website. A new website will be open in the next tab.
- The Applicant has to register (New User Registration?) him/her self with providing some information such as Login ID, Applicant Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, District, Pin Code Mobile Number and Email ID.
- During the registration OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the text field and complete your registration.
- After Successful registration, Sign in to the account using your login credential.
- Once you login your account, Click on the (Apply Now) link
- Select the services as “Domicile Certificate” a new link will be appear, click on this link a Domicile Application form will open.
- Fill all the required information on the application form such as Applicant Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, District, Pin code, Mobile Number, Email ID, Purpose of Domicile Certificate, Aadhar Number etc.
- Upload the Applicant Photograph.
- Before do submit the application, the form must check and click on the Preview button, check all columns carefully.
- After submitting the application form, click on the payment button which is available at the bottom, and a new form will open. Kindly enter your Application number and click on proceed for payment button.
- Once your payment is done successfully, a confirmation page will open.
- Kindly take print out of your confirmation page for future reference.
How to Apply Domicile Certificate Offline?
The applicants can also apply for Domicile/Resident certificate offline. In this Process the Applicant can download the Resident Certificate application form from the official website and fill in all the required information’s and submit the application form to the following concerned authorities.
- State Tehsildar Office
- State SDM Office
- District Magistrate Office
- Mamlatdar Office
- State Revenue Office
- State Collector/ Deputy Collector Office
- Citizen Service Corners (CSC)
- Registrar/ Sub-Registrar Office
Download Resident Certificate Application form
Application Form Part -I
Application Form Part -II
Resident Certificate Application Form Part -III
Resident Certificate Application Part- IV
How can Apply Domicile Certificate apply online?
You can apply for Domicile/Resident Certificate online. Visit the official website and fill all the important information details such as Applicant’s Details, Applicant Name, Father’s Name, Mother’ Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, Permanent Address Details, District, Pin code, Present Address of Applicant, Applicant’s Place of Birth etc. And Pay the application fee online. You will get the Domicile Certificate after 15 Days.
Who can issue a Domicile Certificate?
The state government, State Tehsildar Office, District Magistrate Office, State Revenue Office, State Collector/ Deputy Collector Office, Registrar/ Sub-Registrar Office etc.
Where we can use the Domicile Certificate?
Domicile Certificate used for various purposes such as.
- It is used to proof a person is a resident of a particular state/ Union Territory.
- Used for any government Jobs
- Used as a KYC document for Address proof.
- Used to get benefits of Government Scheme.
- Apply for scholarship
- Apply for Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID, PAN, AAdhar Card etc.
- Used to get the admission in any educational institutions.
How to download domicile certificate pdf?
Go to the Official website, Sign in to your account using login credentials. In the dashboard, click on the “Released Application” link, an application number will be appeared on the screen, Click on the Application Number, Your Domicile Certificate will be open. Take a print out of your Resident Certificate.
How to Track my Resident Certificate status online?
Visit the official website, Login to your account using the credentials, Click on the Application status tab, Enter your application number, You will get your application status.
Domicile Certificate Download online
Go to the Official website, Register yourself, Fill the application form, pay the application fee online. The domicile certificate download online after 15 Days.