Kanya Sumangala Yojana Scheme, Check Eligibility, Documents Required, Check Online Application Status @ mksy.up.gov.in, Download form pdf
What is Kanya Sumangala Yojana?
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana scheme is introduced by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mr. Yogi Adityanath aimed at promoting women empowerment and also to eliminate the social vices and discrimination like skewed sex ratio, female feticide, child marriage and negative mindset for women within the household and so on prevalent within the society. The main objective of this program is to provide a monetary benefit to the girl child in Uttar Pradesh.
Under this scheme, the state government raises the expenses of the daughter’s education belonging to the economically weaker family. For the education of girl child and their good future, the Uttar Pradesh government will help them at all steps of education.
The Uttar Pradesh State government, both education, and health of daughters are also taken care of.
The Kanya Sumangala yojana will provide a fund of Rs 15000 to each household where a girl baby is born. The funds under this scheme will be released to the beneficiary in 6 phases.
Read Also: Know how to apply for PM Housing Scheme
Features of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- The funds will be directly transferred to the registered beneficiary account in various phases when the girl child will complete various stages, like birth, vaccination, admission in schools 1, 5, and 9, and admission in the college for graduation.
- Only the girl child born on 1 April 2019 or after are eligible to receive the complete amount.
- The amount will be transferred electronically directly to the registered beneficiary’s bank account.
Benefits of Kanya Sumangala Yojana Scheme
- Promote the girl child empowerment
- Provide a monetary benefit up to Rs 15000
- The government will also be taken care of the education and health of the girl child.
Eligibility Criteria for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The following points for eligibility criteria for Kanya Sumangala Yojana are:
- The Applicant should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh and should have proof of residence for the same under which Ration Card/ electricity bill / Voter ID/ Aadhar Card/ phone invoice bill will be valid.
- The yearly income of the household should not exceed Rs.3 lakh.
- Only two girl’s children will be benefitted from the scheme.
- The household should not have more than 2 children because only 2 daughters will be benefitted from this scheme.
- Maximum two adopted girl child will also be eligible under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- In case there is a twin girl’s child in a family, the third girl child will also be eligible to avail of benefits under the scheme.
- Bank accounts can be opened in the name of the girl child within 6 months of the birth of the girl child.
Levels for implementation of Kanya Sumangla Yojana
The following 6 stages for implementation of the Kanya Sumangla Yojana mentioned below:
|Stages/Levels||Installment Amount Released||Description|
|1 Stage||Rs.2000||Newborn girl baby born on or after 1st April 2019|
|2 Stage||Rs.1000||After the girl child have been fully vaccinated in the 1st year of birth and not girl child born before 01/04/2018|
|3 Stage||Rs.2000||When the girl child admitted to the 1st standard in the current academic session/year|
|4 Stage||Rs.2000||When the girl child admitted to the 6th standard in the current academic session/year|
|5 Stage||Rs.3000||When the girl child admitted to the 9th standard in the current academic session/year|
|6 Stage||Rs.5000||The amount credited after the girl child has passed 10th/12th class and have been admitted in the Bachelor’s degree or Diploma course in the current academic session/year|
Documents Required for Kanya Sumangla Yojana
The following documents will need to be submitted to get enrolled for the Kanya Sumangla Yojana scheme:
- Ration card including the name of the girl child.
- Guardian /Parent Aadhaar Card /PAN Card/Driving License details.
- Proof of annual income of the family.
- A recent photograph of the girl child and Parents.
- Bank passbook along with account details (Mother & Father or Guardian or Self).
- Adoption certificate (In case of adopted girl child)
- Death Certificate (in case of father or mother is not alive)
- Voter id (optional).
- Affidavit Certificate.
- Girl child Birth Certificate.
- Joint photo of the girl child with Mother & Father.
How to Apply online for UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana Scheme
You can apply online for the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana The following steps given below:
- Visit the official website https://mksy.up.gov.in/
- On the Left side “Quick Links ” section, click on the “Citizen Service Portal” link or click on the “Apply Now” button you will be redirected to the registration page.
- On the registration page read all the terms and conditions and then tick the “I Agree” checkbox and click on the continue button.
- Once you click on the continue button a registration form will be pop up.
- In the registration form, fill in all the mandatory details like First Name, Last Name, Mobile No, etc.
- Once you fill in all the details you will need to click on “Send SMS OTP” along with the captcha.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number to complete the registration process.
- Once your registration is completed successfully. You will be asked to login in to the portal by using your username and password.
- An online registration form of the scheme will be available to you after you login.
- Your online application for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana will probably be complete after you have filled up the registration form with the requested details and also uploaded the related documents.
After the successful registration, enter your user ID and password for login to fill the 2nd part of registration.