PMAY-G – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin, Check Eligibility, PMAYG Subsidy Scheme, Documents Required, Apply online @pmayg.nic.in / iay.nic.in
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) mission was introduced by the Indian government. The main objective of this program was initiated to boost the “Housing for All” scheme and to fulfill the vision of the ‘Housing for All’ scheme by the year 2022.
The main aim of this program is to provide 25 sq. mt pucca houses, including some basic amenities to the eligible beneficiaries who do not own a house or the beneficiaries who live in the kutcha houses or who live in a dilapidated house.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMAYG Subsidy Scheme details
- Beneficiaries who want to avail of a loan under this scheme shall be facilitated to get financial help of as much as Rs. 70,000 from a financial institution which is optional.
- The Interest PMAYG subsidy 3%
- The maximum principal amount for the subsidy is Rs.2 lakh
The Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana -PMAYG
The main key features of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana -PMAYG scheme is as follows:
- The construction cost of the unit (House) will be shared in a 60:40 ratio between the Central government and State governments in plain areas
- In the Northeastern states, Himalayan states, and the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir the construction cost of the unit will be shared in a 90:10 ratio between the Central government and State governments with up to Rs. 1.30 lakh of assistance for each unit, which means 90% of the unit cost will be bear by the central government, and 10% will be bear by State Government.
- The Central government will be offered 100% financing for Union Territories, including the UT of Ladakh for the construction of the new houses under PMAYG.
- The beneficiary is entitled to a sum of Rs. 90.95 per day of unskilled labor from MGNREGS.
- The payment will be transferred electronically directly to the beneficiary’s Aadhar linked bank account.
- Under this scheme, the construction of the toilet shall be leveraged through convergence with Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM-G), MGNREGS, or any other dedicated sources of funding.
- The project will be sanctioned by the Ministry of Rural Development after the approval of the Empowered Committee.
- The Beneficiaries are recognized using parameters from the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) and verified by Gram Sabhas.
- Under this scheme will focus on the quality of construction houses by the beneficiaries using local materials skilled masons who can provide good design.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-PMAY Gramin Scheme
- The beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana -PMAYG will include all of the homeless Families and Families having zero, one or two-room houses with kutcha walls and kutcha roofs.
- Families without a literate adult above 25 years of age.
- The beneficiaries belong to Scheduled castes (SC) and Scheduled tribes (ST) and Minorities
- Landless beneficiaries who’re income earnings from manual casual labour.
- Families without any adult members between 16 Yrs to 59 years of age.
- The beneficiaries Non-SC/ST and minorities under BPL.
- The Individuals killed in action, widows of paramilitary forces and ex-servicemen, and those under a retirement scheme are also eligible for PMAY Gramin Scheme.
- Female headed households with no adult male member in the family between 16 to 59 Years.
- Households where a member is suffering from a disease like cancer, leprosy, HIV.
- Households with a single girl child.
The following factors that can exclude Beneficiaries from Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-PMAY Gramin Scheme
The government shall be focusing on beneficiaries who have the worst living situations and shall be relying on the SECC (Socio-Economic and Caste Census) Data of 2011. Moreover, if someone has a motorized two, three, or four-wheeler automobile, agricultural tools, or perhaps a fishing boat, they are going to be excluded from availing the advantages of this scheme.
- The beneficiaries have a Kisan Credit Card(KCC) with a spending limit equal to Rs.50,000 or more.
- A family that has a member is paying professional tax or income tax.
- A family that owns a refrigerator or having a landline phone connection is not eligible for PMAY Gramin Scheme.
- Government employee or earning more than Rs. 10,000 per month.
Important Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana -PMAY Gramin Scheme
- Beneficiary Aadhar Number
- Beneficiary Aadhar link bank account details
- Beneficiary MGNREGA job card number
- Beneficiary Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) number
- Consent document to use Aadhar on the behalf of the beneficiary
- Beneficiary salary certificate and proof of income
Apply online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMAY Gramin Scheme
The beneficiaries are selected from the list, which is prepared by the ward or Gram Panchayat (Gram Sabha). The beneficiary registration process for the PMAYG is divided into four sections.
- Beneficiaries personal details
- Beneficiaries bank account details
- Beneficiaries convergence details
- Beneficiaries details from the concerned office
The following steps for the online beneficiaries addition and registration
- Visit the PMAYG official website.
- On the top menu bar, click on the stakeholders and select IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary.
- Once you click on IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary a new page will be open.
- If you have a registration number, then input it into the textbox and click on the search button to access the list.
- If you don’t have the registration number, then you have to click on the “Advanced Search” option to proceed.
- The beneficiary details will be automatically populated and displayed on the page.
- Fill in all the mandatory required details in the personal details section like Beneficiary Name, Aadhaar number, gender, mobile number, etc.
- Upload the consent documents required to use the Aadhaar number.
- After that in the next section fill the beneficiary account number, beneficiary bank name, etc.
- If the beneficiary wants to avail of a home loan then, select ‘’Yes’’ and enter the required loan amount in the textbox.
- Enter the beneficiary MGNREGA job card number and Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) card number in the textbox.
- The remaining fields will be filled by the official officers.
How to check Beneficiary name in PMAY Gramin Scheme?
The beneficiary can check his name in the PMAY list via the PMAYG official website. To check the PMAY Gramin list, follow the below steps.
- Visit the PMAYG official website.
- Click on the search beneficiary and Search By Name and enter the full beneficiary name or first three letters of the beneficiary name.
- The beneficiary detail list will appear on the web page.
How to Check PMAY Gramin Scheme Application Status?
You can easily check your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status online via the official website of the PMAY Gramin scheme. You can easily track your application status by entering the applicant’s name or application number.